According to Vedic astrology, Ketu is the descending or south node of the moon. According to Hindu mythology, Ketu is a part of the Jaimini Gotra whereas Rahu is of the Paiteenasa Gotra; as a result, although the two are completely different creatures with unique qualities, they are still two parts of the same body. Ketu is a shadow planet. It is thought to have a significant impact on both human lives and the entire creation. In some unique situations, it aids someone in reaching the pinnacle of fame.
Rahu and Ketu are orbitally 180 degrees apart and have an orbital cycle of 18 years, according to Vedic astrology.
In Hindu astrology, Ketu stands for spirituality and mystical forces, as well as both positive and bad karmic accumulation. It is seen as both malefic and benefic since it brings sorrow and loss while also leading the person to God. It leads to material losses in order to have the person adopt a more spiritual perspective. As a karaka of intelligence, wisdom, non-attachment, fantasy, perceptive insight, derangement, and psychic skills, it is a powerful force.
It is thought to heal the effects of snakebites and illnesses brought on by poisons, offer prosperity to the devotee’s family, and protect against both. It rules over three nakshatras: Ashvini, Magha, and Mula.
Moksha, sannyasa, self-realization, Gyana, restlessness, the endocrine system, and a slim build are all attributed to this Planet.
Negative Aspects: Ketu is regarded as malefic and has typically been linked to bad things. The majority of people view it as a challenging planet because it causes several issues on the material level. In one’s life, it frequently causes a sensation of total separation, losses, mindlessness, wandering, and confusion.
Positive Aspects: Ketu has been considered the most spiritual of the planets. It is regarded as the planet of liberation and enlightenment. Identified as the person who “lost his head (Rahu-worldly senses).” As the personification of renunciation, it aspires to transcend ordinary existence and find ultimate emancipation.
Meaning of the 12th House and Ketu’s Relationship
In astrology, the unconscious is represented by the 12th house. It represents everything that cannot be seen, including dreams, top-secret information, and unspoken human feelings. It is also referred to as the House of Enlightenment, Intuition, Sorrows, Death, and the Moksha.
Ketu’s favorable effects in the 12th House
To determine Ketu’s exact impact, a skilled astrologer looks at the positions of other planets in different houses as well as his or her own natal chart.
- Ketu, as mentioned above, is the planet of detachment and spirituality. The inhabitants become more committed to God when it is strong in the 12th house because they feel detached from the delights of earthly pleasure. These folks seek out solitude and seclusion and engage in extensive meditation to make amends for any sins they may have committed in their current lives.
It provides the natives with the fruits of their labor.
- The first few years of a native’s life are difficult when Ketu is in the 12th house but after the age of 38, these people become opulently wealthy.
- Psychic abilities are present in those with strong Ketu in the 12th house. They excel as spiritual teachers, astrologers, and tarot card readers because they have a strong intuitive inclination. These folks are able to see through other people’s facades and often avoid situations where their actions could result in negative karma.
- For those who wish to go to foreign nations and settle there, this is a highly fortunate yoga. These people are content and happy wherever they are since they have no attachment to their motherland.
- The native may become quite wealthy. However, around the age of 50, people no longer feel the need for more money and grow closer to God.
- Since this planet denotes separation from worldly or materialistic pleasures, its placement in the twelfth house brings salvation to those born under its influence. It is also known as the Moksha-Karaka, which means the force that compels individuals to seek nirvana. Through a variety of experiences, it never stops reminding people of the value and significance of wisdom and spirituality.
- The Karmic purpose is further revealed by this placement. As a result, the natives acquire extensive knowledge and come to understand that life is cyclical. They are quite adept at overcoming the dark and finding illumination through a variety of experiences.
- As a tool that can create potent paths for their enlightenment, it allows the natives the capacity to delve into the depths of their subconscious minds and heal themselves. There is a need to contribute to mankind in a way that benefits both parties. In light of this, the planet is endowed with a vast store of strength, potential, regenerative ability, and healing power.
- Natives acquire a psychic sensitivity to other people’s inner worlds. They may be drawn to careers in forensics, investigative research, mental health nursing, healing, criminal psychology, or any other field that requires delving deeper than the surface, such as that of detective agents, researchers, psychologists, etc.
Ketu’s negative effects in the 12th House
- Ketu that is weak or afflicted in the 12th house causes excessive spending. The natives are intelligent, but they struggle to succeed in their vocations. They accumulate significant debt and spend the majority of their lives in hardship.
- It is possible for natives with weak or afflicted Ketu in the 12th house to experience separation and divorce as well as unhappy marital relationships. These folks have no emotional ties to their spouse.
- These individuals quickly fall into depression due to overwhelming debts, confusion, and needless ego. They readily acquire an addiction to alcohol and gambling in order to avoid dealing with life’s realities.
- Numerous stomach-related health issues are brought on by weak Ketu in the 12th house. The natives run the risk of suffering severe injuries in car accidents.
- It’s possible for natives who have this placement to occasionally have nightmares. As a result, individuals frequently continue to feel helpless and anxious most of the time.
- The natives maybe ridiculed for their strong emotions and sexuality as they grow up in such environments. As a result, individuals have discomfort when expressing their sexual needs and desires or experience shame over them.
- Ketu, which is weak and unfavorably positioned in the twelfth house, is also known to increase rivalry or hostility amongst siblings in a household.
- The natives might experience a fear of dying. They therefore keep struggling between life and death. They continue to struggle with suicidal and fatalistic thoughts.
Ketu remedies in the 12th house
Numerous astrological remedies are available for weak Ketu in the 12th House. They can provide some relief to the people and lessen Ketu’s negative effects.
- Dogs are represented by Ketu in Vedic astrology. Therefore, avoid hitting dogs, keep a dog at home, and take care of it to lessen the negative effects of weak Ketu in the 12th house. It is also pleased when stray dogs are fed and given water.
- To strengthen weak Ketu, it is advised to wear a pure Cats eye stone. This will lessen the issues that it causes throughout its maha Dasha and antar dasha (major period and sub-period).
- People ought to go to a Ganesha temple and make respect showing Modak offering to the Lord. In addition, worshipping Lord Ganesha, reciting the Ganesha Dwadasanama Stotra, and reading the Ganesha Chalisa can all be beneficial.
- If you want to strengthen weak Ketu in the 12th house, you can also donate milk, blue clothing, sugar, and gold.
- For Ketu graha shanti, recite the Shiva Panchakshari and Ketu Strotram.
- Japa of the following Ketu Beeja Mantra is recommended as a remedy: ऊं स्त्रां स्त्रीं स्त्रौं स: केतवे नम: Om shram shreem shroum sah ketave namah Within 40 days, chant the mantra 17000 times with a Rudraksha Mala.
- Donating Kulthi/kulath dal or black mustard seeds on Thursday will be a very effective remedy.
- Observe a fast on Thursdays and avoid salt throughout your fast to lessen its negative effects.
- Make your maternal grandparents happy, show them respect, and ask for their blessings.
- Spiritual books can be donated or given out to lessen negative impacts.
- Be a genuine person; cultivate good character.
- Its negative impacts can be lessened by wearing Rudraksha (that are appropriate for you based on your birth chart and other planet placements).
- Keep an Ashwagandha tree root, or portion wrapped in grey cloth with you at all times.
- Use of the colors white, yellow, and saffron is beneficial; one can wear clothing in these hues in daily life.