Kunzite stone: Overview
Kunzite stone was discovered over 100 years ago, and it is one of the youngest gemstones on the market. It is a beautiful pink gemstone that is often used in jewelry. This is a stone of emotion. It is named after George Frederick Kunz, who was the first to describe the stone in detail. In appearance, they can vary from glass-like to opaque or transparent.
It is a variety of the mineral spodumene and is found in pegmatite deposits. Stone is found in a number of locations around the world, including Brazil, Madagascar, Pakistan, and the United States. The stone is usually cut into cabochons or used as beads. It is relatively hard, but it can be brittle and should be handled with care.
It is believed to have a number of healing properties. It is said to relieve stress and anxiety, and to promote feelings of peace and calm. This gemstone is also said to be helpful for people who are going through grief or who are struggling with depression.
Significance of Kunzite stone
Kunzite stone is one of the most recently discovered stones in the history of colored stones. It was founded in 1902, in the Pala District of San Diego County, California.
In 1903, chemistry professor Charles Bakerville, at the University of North Carolina and later College of New York, named the precious stone Kunzite in honor of George Frederick Kunz. Over the years, Kunzite has proved to be a highly preferable jewel. People see its importance in different ways. Some people love the stone because of its physical healing properties, for others, it is because of how it can enrich the body.
This precious stone is chemically composed of Aluminium, Lithium, Silicon, and oxides (LiASiO6). The refractive index is between 1.660 and 1.676. Its gravity range is between 3.0 and 3.2, approximately 3.18. On the hardness scale, Kunzite rates are between 6.5 and 7.0. The gem is hard to cut because it has perfect cleavage. The carat weight of the gemstone is 124 carats.
This stone represents the yang and yin aspect of your heart. It is used against negative energy, and it attracts positive energy. The positive energy represents yang, while the negative energy represents yin. Kunzite connects with the heart chakra.
Here are some Benefits of Kunzite:
- Pink kunzite stone is popularly known as women’s stone. It has an energy that calms young mothers, first-time mothers, and also single mothers. You can simply place it beside their bed.
- Gifting a Kunzite pendant to a young girl who is about to enter puberty can help them fall in love with their body effortlessly.
- Children may find it difficult to adjust to different life situations. The kunzite pink ray can bring comfort to them.
- It can remove the negative energy that might have accumulated as a result of evil occurrences.
- The Kunzite helps to comfort you from heartbreaks, grief, and depression.
- It might be over the separation or loss of a loved one. Kunzite makes it easier for you to overcome the burden of your loss or separation from your loved ones.
- Kunzite has an effective calming effect that helps to soothe or keep your mind calm.
- It keeps your nervousness in check during an examination, interview, viva, etc, and helps you to keep calm or not have any pressure on your mind.
- It protects you while traveling by guarding against road rage and bad omens.
- You can Keep a Kunzite stone gem in your pockets to protect against any harmful spirits.
- Kunzite gem activates the heart chakra with its pink energy.
- It permits the free expression of feelings. It frees the mind that helps you make good decisions in your life.
- It also activates the crown chakra that opens communication with the light violet energy of the mind.
14 This stone can help if you are unsure what brings you joy or what direction to go in.
- The whispering of your heart can be hard to hear but holding this stone in quiet meditation can help you sink into your heart and let it speak to you.
How to Cleanse your Kunzite Crystal?
Kunzite crystal is one of the crystals that will most likely require routine cleansing and purification. It is also important to remember that before using your stones for healing, it is crucial to clean them because before reaching you they have gone through so many hands and energies in their making process.
It is also important to energize your crystal after cleansing and before using it. You should cleanse and recharge your crystal even more frequently if you’re going through a particularly challenging time or if there are a lot of people who come in contact with the crystal.
- You can expose the stone to direct moonlight in order to you can cleanse and recharge it. To do this you can simply place your crystal on the ground in the moonlight and let it recharge using the Moon’s bright and beautiful rays.
- Another method of cleansing this stone is to bury it in the ground for a night and let mother earth soak up all that negative energy from the Kunzite crystal. While doing this you can also set an intention and ask mother earth to cleanse the crystal and transmute that negative energy into positive and loving energy.
- Another approach is smoke smudging. Cleanse the Kunzite crystal with an incense stick or cleansing herbs like sage or palo santo. Do this in a serene area preferably on your altar or meditation space.
There are so many amazing benefits of using this precious Kunzite crystal but before using this priceless gemstone, you should always seek the advice of our Professional Astrologers and gemologists to maximize its effectiveness.